Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I have just experienced the wonders of a private health care system. 


When my doctor said she was going to refer me to a specialist for some stuff going on, I thought back to the days in the UK where you would wait 4-6 months for an appointment. Then, upon getting an appointment for 3 days later (it was the weekend), I was then referred to get some tests done. Yet again, expecting some delay - a good few weeks at  least even in a private health care world -  I was offered an appointment for the next day!  Sadly I had to turn them down and make one for next week (much to their surprise!) as Tom is away for the week and I have no-one to look after Reubs in the day.

Even though there are some things which are wearing off in their novelty here I really hope that the privilege of having this kind of healthcare doesn't. The NHS in the UK is fantastic  though and although a lot of people moan about it, it is the most wonderful health-for-all system ever. AND it works so fast when you really are very sick. Bring it on here I say.