I woke up today and it was -13 outside. That's very cold. Brrrrrr! I want to know where the snow is though. It's very unfair that so many other places have had some but not us.
Tuesday is the presidential inauguration. I'm very excited to be here for such a momentous day and fully plan on relishing it on the TV throughout the day. There is SO much Obama merchandise available. Tom and I were thinking of collecting the tackiest things we could find. I'll see what we can do. At the mo most people are more excited about the Ravens (Baltimore's american football team) game on Sunday in the Superbowl playoffs (another thing I am looking forward to - the final on 1 Feb. It's nice to be able to watch it at a decent hour instead of it being ridiculously late at night).
This afternoon I am taking Reuben to a mums and kids french group to see if we can a. start to practise french and b. meet some other non-church people. I have no idea what it'll be like but anything's worth a go eh!?
Just a couple of other things to add aside from that:
- Reuben got his 6 1-year old's jabs this week and we experienced the benefits of being some of the very privileged people who have health care here (it was amazing but afterwards made me reflect on how lots don't get it and just get sick or run up immense un-payable bills and thankful that we haven't had any serious illnesses yet. Check out this from a BBC guy today...).
- The book I'm reading is still wowing me - especially the chapter on Jesus and american politics and his time in Iraq. Amazing. Tom and I cried in the kitchen together.
- Tom taught our friend Nazim how to cook spaghetti carbonara last night and it was great
- I am inspired by some beautiful women in our community to keep working through all of my crappy issues
- Reuben, Tom and I danced around the living room this morning worshipping to the Great Big God kids worship CD. It was so much fun. It made me think of our friends in Bristol - the Davis' - who did the same with their girls. We love them for their example!



|