Not for those who aren't into bodily stuff...
Really...!
- Another motivated-by-tom blog in order to bring some smiling to my face where is has been feeling sad with the strains of coming to terms with being a mum -
I have been struggling to figure out how to use a breast pump. A friend kindly lent me one as I was interested in being able to go to bed early and let Tom give Reuben his last feed. So I took it apart and duly sterilised it. Sadly, when I put it back together and gave it a go I couldn't seem to get anything out. I tried on a few differeent occasions and then decided it just wasn't for me - I was one of those unlucky (?!) women who it didn't work for. Tom washed it up so we could give it back and suddenly realised that if you put the little star-shaped piece in the other way up then actually it works differently. So I gave it a whirl once more and managed to get 6oz out in 5 minutes!!! Oh yes, I am a milk-machine! (clearly this was a little too fast as I was quite sore afterwards but how was I to know you weren't just meant to hold down the handle if it was just coming out?!)
- Another motivated-by-tom blog in order to bring some smiling to my face where is has been feeling sad with the strains of coming to terms with being a mum -
I have been struggling to figure out how to use a breast pump. A friend kindly lent me one as I was interested in being able to go to bed early and let Tom give Reuben his last feed. So I took it apart and duly sterilised it. Sadly, when I put it back together and gave it a go I couldn't seem to get anything out. I tried on a few differeent occasions and then decided it just wasn't for me - I was one of those unlucky (?!) women who it didn't work for. Tom washed it up so we could give it back and suddenly realised that if you put the little star-shaped piece in the other way up then actually it works differently. So I gave it a whirl once more and managed to get 6oz out in 5 minutes!!! Oh yes, I am a milk-machine! (clearly this was a little too fast as I was quite sore afterwards but how was I to know you weren't just meant to hold down the handle if it was just coming out?!)
A good achievement for the day.
On another happy note the small, very, very pummelled new man won another david & goliath-type victory when I'd suddenly had a mustard seed of faith and decided I'd had enough of my bed not feeling a nice place to be due to not being able to sleep. We took communion before sleeping, the atmosphere lightened and I slept well for the first time in 3 weeks or so, albeit enhanced slightly by the doctor's help! Now I have a safe-haven. Nice. Thank you Lord.



|