Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today I am not feeling very well so have stayed in bed - just a head cold and sore throat but enough to make you feel grotty.

BUT on the upside of this grotty-ness, it meant that I go to listen to the 'golden hour' on radio one which they have reinstated for a short period to mark their 40th anniversary. Today I got the delights of Prince 'When doves cry', the theme song from Footlooose, Ray parker Jnr "Ghostbusters' and many others. I was loving it. There is a quiz attached in that you had to try guess the year they are playing music from - I had no idea but found my self knowing all of the words to the songs and being transported back to happy childhood times. Then they announced it as being from 1984!!! Man i am getting old. Admittedly I was only 1o so either have a good memory or came a cross the songs a bit later on, but still - 23 years ago!!