Wednesday, March 02, 2005

man it's been ages since i put anything up here. I have been thinking about things, just writing it in my journal instead. Once it's poured out of my head i find it hard to then regurgitate it anywhere else.
Today it's snowing wonderfuly outside. i love snow. it's not settling yet but i am praying that it will. It does make me a bit nostalgic of mountain times though. i miss being in the middle of surroundings so huge that it reminds me of how small and insignificant i am, of how we think we rule the world and yet a loud noise can make a ton of snow fall and squash a village. weird hey.
At the moment Tom and I are looking after Andrew and Ros' children for a few days while they're away at a conference. It's quite good fun, doing ponytails and plaits in hair, putting on coats, making dinner. Not quite sure i'm ready for it properly yet but it's fun at the moment. It makes me realise what an amazing dad Tom will make one day. He's brilliant with children. Hopefully we might be able to have some of our own one day. Fun!!
I am thinking about God quite a lot today too, which is always good. I have been challenged recently by the passage in Luke 9 ( i think) where Jesus' disciples try to cast out a demon and can't and then Jesus does and tells them it can only be done through prayer. I've always been a bit intruiged by that one and heard a cool explanation of it the other day - that having a deepening relationship with God, talking with God, ie praying, is the means by which we find out who we are in God and therefore begin to grow in spiritual authority, thus being able to kick out demons and see people healed more. I know that God uses everyone and anyone as he likes, but it's a clear example of people not being able to do something. I find myself frustrated so often that nothing happens when i pray and yet when others do, who i know to have a very deep relationship with God, stuff DOES happen. I feel challenged ot go for broke with God, but have no real idea of what that looks like. I guess i can only start where i am and see what happens. If nothing happens, then i've tried, will have grown closer to God etc so how can i possibly lose?!