Wednesday, April 08, 2009

So, we didn't go to the parade - too crowded. But we did go yesterday and see the blossoms just as they're starting to turn into leaves (well, not the blossoms, but the leaves coming out and the blossoms falling - heck, you know what i mean!). very beautiful. I can see what the fuss is about. We had a fab day though with our friends Dan and Jen and their little boy Jaden, all getting lost in DC together!


We had an amazing time together as a church on Sunday. It being Palm Sunday, they decided to do something a bit different. We started with hanging out together for a bit, then moved into an extended time of worship. This wasn't an ordinary time though. It was started by liturgy, then a reading and explanation of the text where Jesus comes into Jerusalem, then we all got given palm branches and then sung worship songs. It was amazing to have great contextualization and liturgy, remembering what has gone on for thousands of years before us. I don't think I have so sincerely worshipped Jesus for a long time. It made such a difference being reminded of who he is before worshipping him.

We are having a passover celebration on Thursday with some friends. I'm really looking forward again to context being put forward to life. Everything seems to make so much more sense, oddly enough!

My seeds are sprouting!

I have spent some time this week on trying to find some fun places to stay for a week or so when our Uk friends come to visit in the summer. We'd like to go out of the city and into the mountains to escape the humidity and bugs. It's going ok - as long as websites advertising cabins can be believed!