Our new adventure
This is a quick post as we're in the middle of trying to unpack and it's taking forever!
So we only have a few boxes left now and our house is starting to look more like a home - a few pictures up, books on the shelves, a new lamp or two...
In fact I am LOVING our new home. It's large and spacious and has the most amazing kitchen. It's a huge Godly blessing. It's full of funny gadgets: an extractor fan which rises up out of the work surface beside the hob, a proving drawer for making bread in the bottom of the (HUGE double) oven (which I found out the hard way works in Fahrenheit not centigrade!) and a special tap on the sink which gives you almost boiling water for making tea with!! (this is very handy as we don't have a kettle at the mo and it's driving me nuts having to boil water in saucepans. This clever device speeds things up no end).
We also have the biggest washing machine and tumble dryer in the world. I think Tom or I could easily fit in the drum of them. I don't know how long it's going to take to get enough dirty washing to justify using them!
I have discovered some great supermarkets: Trader Joe's and the International supermarket being my current favourites. The International one is a wonderful combination of a Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Thai supermarkets all rolled into one. Today I managed to buy tapioca starch! (The only things I can't find at the mo are dried limes and kaffir lime leaves but I shall persist!). They also (Mark Churchill) had the biggest selection of dried chillies I have ever seen in the 'latino' bit!
The weather has been very odd: two days ago it was 70 degrees and we had the windows open. Today it was low 40s and snowing. Crazy! BUT I am loving the autumn and living in a very tree-ey area and walking through nice rustly leaves!
All in all we are doing very well and are happy and settling in. Just wish all of our Bristol friends could also see it!



|