Monday, February 18, 2008

A momentous day!


Today is a momentous day: for the first time since the wee man was born (11 weeks ago tomorrow) i have mopped the kitchen and hall floors. 

It is momentous for two reasons:
1. I HATE more than almost any other task mopping the floor (it is topped in my hatred stakes by hanging clothes in the wardrobe. I can fold and put them in drawers no problem but for some reason I have a psychological block when it comes to hanging...). I spent 4 months in Switzerland having to mop many many many many many corridors of floors and the idea of it fills me with dread now

2. I have enough energy again (although i will be sitting down with a coffee and a book now for a while while the man sleeps) to be able to do it. Recovery has been long and arduous, but this morning I managed to go back to sleep for a while and I think in fact I totalled 8.25 hours sleep (almost) straight last night and so today I am feeling cheery and good.

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off for a coffee and a well-earned rest now :  )